History – Zone and LNC/MNC
Zone Fourteen Bowling Association was created and affiliated with the Royal New South Wales Bowling Association (RNSWBA) in 1995, following a redistribution of clubs to make up a total of 16 Zones throughout the State. Before this time the clubs formed part of Zone 1, which stretched North to the Queensland border.
The Zone was initially made up of two separate District Bowling Associations, the Lower North Coast (LNC) and Mid North Coast (MNC).
On the 25 July 2014 the Mid North Coast, and 1 August 2014 the Lower North Coast District Bowling Associations were dissolved as part of the Management restructuring of the Zone.
Also as part of this restructure on the 27 June 2014 the name of the Zone was changed to Zone 14 Bowling Association Inc.
Originally the Zone comprised 28 clubs whose affiliation years were:
|1921 Kempsey||1938 Port Macquarie – Now Port City||1942 Coffs Harbour|
|1947 Macksville||1948 Wauchope||1950 Nambucca Heads|
|1952 Sawtell||1952 Woolgoolga||1953 North Haven|
|1953 Urunga||1956 Bowraville||1958 South West Rocks|
|1958 Westport Macquarie – Now Westport||1959 Kempsey Heights||1959 Park Beach|
|1959 Scotts Head||1963 Crescent Head||1963 Hat Head|
|1968 Stuarts Point||1970 North Beach||1972 Comboyne|
|1972 Lake Cathie||1978 Port Macquarie RSL – Now Port Panthers||1985 Camden Haven Golf – Now Kew|
|1947 Dorrigo – closed 2010||1947 Bellingen – closed 2015||1971 West Coffs – closed 2015|
|1934 Smithtown – ceased affiliation 2017|
The Constitution was adopted 13 May 1995.
Application for affiliation with RNSWBA Inc was 16 June 1995.
Incorporated 22 December 1995 under the Associations Incorporated Act 1984.
At a meeting in Grafton 13 May 1995 the districts of the LNC and MNC met officially to form its new Zone – Zone Fourteen.
The steering committee elected was: –
President: Ray Pickford – LNC (North Haven)
Vice President: Ed Lydall – MNC (Woolgoolga)
Vice President: Nev Roth – LNC (Port City)
Secretary/Treasurer: Pat Geary – MNC (West Coffs)
State Councillor: Don Wallace – LNC (Hat Head)
Inaugural AGM – held 15 October 1995 at Scotts Head B.C. where steering committee were formally elected to office for 1995/96.
Zone colours: Red and white.